For Clincians and Families:
- A new Mental Health Resource listing avenues for families to seek help for mental health difficulties: Mental Health Resources
For Nurses and Allied Health:
- PENNSW will be running an education day on Paediatric Epilepsy for Nurses and allied Health Practitioners on Friday 28th April 2017. Click on the link to view the programme and find out how to register for the event: Paediatric Epilepsy Study for Nurses and Allied Health
- A new section on learning and behaviour, psychopathology, and psychosocial outcomes for people with epilepy has been added under : Epilepsy and Comorbidity.
- A new section on Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) has been added under: Epilepsy Syndromes.
PENNSW Website Fully Compliant with HONcode Principles:
- The PENNSW website has just been certified by the international Health on the Net (HON) Foundation, as fully compliant with the eight HONcode Principles within their Code of Conduct for Medical and Health Websites. To find out more about the the HON Foundation and to view the eight HONcode principles, please click on the link below:
- A new section has been added on the Ketogenic Diet, along with some links to additional helpful resources.
- New clinician information pages have been created for the anti-epileptic drugs Clobazam (Frisium) and Lacosamide (Vimpat), along with parent information handouts on these drugs.
- New information about EEGs, Telemetry, and MRIs has been added under: 'Epilepsy / How is it diagnosed'
- New information about travelling with a child with epilepsy has been added under: 'Living with Epilepsy'
- A new section on Psychogenic Non-epileptic Seizures has been added under: 'Epilepsy Syndromes'
- A new section on Febrile Seizures has been added under: 'Epilepsy Syndromes'
- The Epilepsy Management Documents page has been moved under the new tab: 'Epilepsy Resources'