Education / Careers
- Some adolescents with epilepsy can get extra assistance for the school certificate and higher school certificate exams. For more information and to see if you are eligible, visit the board of studies website.
- Talk to your School Counsellor or Careers Counsellor about education and career choices.
- For more information about further education, contact the following service providers:
- Many people with epilepsy have fulfilling and challenging careers.
- When considering a career, talk to your parents and School Counsellor about what might be right for you.
Also think about whether you would be safe if you were to have a seizure in that working environment:
- For example, it would be safe to be a school teacher, but it may not be possible to be a pilot.
For detailed information on epilepsy and employment please see:
- Epilepsy Action: Employment
This page was first published in March 2012 and is last modified on 13th October 2014.